The Contract Management and SLM module is used to register contracts with third parties, suppliers and internal customers. Gain insight into maintenance costs, terms and conditions. The Contract Management and SLM module will also indicate when you log a call to which an SLA applies, reminding you of the contract terms.
The benefits of Contract Management and SLM
- Contracts are always accessible for colleagues with sufficient authorization.
- All contracts are saved at one location, creating clear overviews of current suppliers, enabling returns to scale.
- TOPdesk’s extensive reporting capabilities and KPIs help you better manage your purchasing process.
- Digitally managing your contracts not only saves money: it is also better for the environment.
- TOPdesk also supports underpinning contracts.
- Alerts help you cancel (unwanted) contracts on time.
- Keep track of your administration and obligations.
The first step in the SLA process is compiling your service catalogue, outlining all services your department can provide. You can also define different service levels and use service windows to determine when calls will be processed. TOPdesk determines call priority using the agreements made in your (SLA) contracts.
This module is available in the following packages:
Visitors who were interested in Service Level Agreements also viewed
Safeguard the quality of your services
TOPdesk automatically calculates whether incident duration adheres to the agreements made with third parties. This information is then used to create a contract between you and your customers. TOPdesk carefully monitors whether the services you provide are in line with the terms and conditions outlined previously, safeguarding the quality of your services.
Support for your acquisition process
Supporting your acquisition process is a vital part of the Contract Management and SLM module. TOPdesk lets you register your Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) and estimate the impact on your organization. This enables you to create a contract that suits your organization. The supplier evaluation also provides valuable information, such as warnings when contracts are about to expire. This will prevent the accidental extension of unwanted contracts.